If you own an Xbox 360 and want to factory reset the device due to some issues, this article will guide you through the process. There are many situations where you have to go for a restore on your Xbox 360. Resetting the device to the default state as it is shipped will ensure that you can start using it just like you got it. This can be extremely helpful in several situations such as data corruption, while selling the device, or when the device doesn’t work as expected. Without further due, we can have a look at the steps required to restore Xbox 360 to its factory settings.
Resetting your Xbox will erase all of its data. So, make sure that you have a backup before removing any data that you might need in the future.
To Factory Reset Network Settings
Following these steps will reset your Xbox 360 network settings to its default. It won’t erase any of your data, but will just reset the current modified network configuration to its default. It is advised that you just try this before going to the next method.
- Press the Guide button (The Xbox symbol button) on your Xbox 360 controller.
- Now, go to Settings.
- Then to System Settings.
- Move to Network Settings.
- Just choose the network that you are connected to.
- Choose the Test Xbox Live Connection option. It will start a network test.
- After it has completed, choose the option Configure Network.
- Now, navigate to the Additional Settings tab.
- Then just choose Restore to Factory Defaults.
- It will reset your Xbox 360 network settings to its defaults.
To Factory Reset Hard Drive
If resetting the Xbox 360 network settings doesn’t solve the issue, or you are trying to sell your device to someone else, you may format the hard drive by following these steps.
- Press the Guide button (The Xbox symbol button).
- Go to Settings.
- Then to System Settings.
- Select the Console Settings.
- Then System Info.
- Now you have to note down the Serial Number displayed on the screen.
- After noting it down, press the “B” Button on your controller.
- Select Storage. It will open the Storage Devices screen.
- On that screen, select Hard Drive.
- Then press the “Y” Button. It will open the Device Options.
- Select Format.
- Now it will ask you “This will remove all content on this device. Do you want to continue?” Select Yes.
- Now choose the Enter Serial Number option and enter the serial number you noted down few mins back.
- Now you can simply press the Start button to see the progress.
As soon as the process is complete, you will be returned to the home screen and your Xbox 360 hard drive is successfully formatted by now. You can start installing new games right away.