Eager to start playing Clash of Clans again, but through (no) fault of your own, the account is terminated? Or, even worse, someone else is playing on it, and you didn’t allow this to happen. Sounds like quite a pickle you got yourself into! Luckily, it is entirely possible to get it back, but you’ll need to be patient and act quickly. Keep in mind, there’s no 100% working method, it all depends on luck, circumstances, and how much information you have available. Let’s get into how to recover a Clash of Clans account.
Supercell, the game publisher behind Clash of Clans, doesn’t have an account registration feature. Since Clash of Clans is available on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store, those accounts are used to connect to the game. Also, you can only have one Village per account, but you are allowed to create as many accounts as you wish.
Method 1. Retrieve account details using Google
If you registered an account using Google and forgot the password, developers at Clash of Clans cannot do anything about it. Instead, you’ll have to go through Google’s Account Recovery page. For reference, you can do these things:
- Follow our guide on how to recover a deleted Gmail account. Even if yours still exists, the steps to follow are identical.
- Take a look at our guide on restoring a Gmail account password without a phone number. Although, if you have access to a phone number, the process will be much easier.
- Contact Google’s Account Customer support through the Google Account Help form.
When you get your Google account back to working order, do this:
- Launch Clash of Clans on your device.
- Tap the Log In button.
- Tap on Play without Supercell ID.
- Use your Google account details to log in.
Method 2. Get your account back via Apple ID
The Apple ID (Apple e-mail address) is tied to your Clash of Clans account if you play the game on an iOS device. Once again, Supercell is powerless. Instead, they recommend you do this:
Do the same in-game steps, only sign in using the Apple account instead.
Method 3. Clash of Clans account recovery using Supercell ID
If you aren’t aware, Supercell ID is a two-step verification system used by the creators of Clash of Clans. It allows you to connect multiple accounts and get a separate ID for each of them. When someone tries to access the account, they’ll get a verification code on their phone or e-mail. If you have already enabled it, do this:
- Open Clash of Clans on your device.
- Tap on the Log In button.
- Tap on Log in with Supercell ID.
- You’ll receive a 6-digit verification code to the phone number or e-mail associated with the account.
- Enter it, and your Village will load.
Keep in mind, your Supercell ID is deleted when you do a factory reset on Android and iOS, and when you reinstall Clash of Clans on Android, but not on iOS. If you lost access to Google or Apple ID, follow the steps above. If you no longer use the phone number, the only option is to contact Clash of Clans Support.
Method 4. My Clash of Clans account was banned
There are many reasons your account was terminated, and they’re all covered under Supercell’s Terms of Service. They’ve also created a Stay Safe and Play Fair list of guidelines for players. Read them thoroughly, and make sure to abide by them in the future. If none of the steps help, the only resolution is to create a new Google account/Apple ID and start a new Clash of Clans Village.
Method 5. COC Account Recovery via Social Media Channels
If the above account recovery options mentioned in the article are not working, there is another avenue worth exploring, which is reaching out to Clash of Clans support via their official social media channels. Many game developers, including Supercell, maintain active social media accounts to interact with players and provide assistance. Follow these straightforward steps to recover your Clash of Clans account using social media:
1. Locate Official Social Media Channels:
Find the verified and official Clash of Clans’ social media accounts on popular platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Reddit. Look for accounts with significant following and regular updates from the official Clash of Clans team.
2. Send a Direct Message (DM):
Once you’ve identified the official Clash of Clans social media account, send them a direct message detailing your account recovery situation. Ensure that your message includes the following information:
- Your username and clan name are associated with the lost account.
- A concise but clear explanation of how you lost access to your account.
Any pertinent details or evidence that can verify your ownership, such as the email address or phone number linked to the account, purchase receipts, or screenshots of your village.
3. Practice Patience and Persistence:
Due to the enormous amount of communication the support staff receives through social media, account recovery help may take some time. Being impatient and avoiding sending several messages quickly in succession will help speed up the process. You may be confident that the support staff will handle your problem as quickly as possible.
4. Follow Instructions:
Once you receive a response from Clash of Clans support via social media, carefully follow their instructions. They may request additional information or provide you with specific steps to recover your account. Respond promptly and provide any requested details to expedite the recovery process.
5. Maintain Communication:
Regularly check your social media notifications or direct message inbox for updates from Clash of Clans support. Properly respond to their messages and provide any additional information they may require. Effective communication will help facilitate the resolution of your account recovery issue.
It’s important to remember that while using this approach may be useful, there is no assurance that the account will be successfully recovered and response times may vary. For the most precise and recent information about Clash of Clans’ account recovery processes, it is advised to investigate a variety of account recovery solutions.
Method 6. Last resort – Contact Clash of Clans Support
If you do not want to reach them out via social media, or they didn’t respond over there, there are two ways to get in touch.
1. In-game help
- Start Clash of Clans on your device.
- In the bottom right corner, tap on Settings.
- Go to Help and Support.
- Tap on the Account section.
- Read tips that might help you.
- If nothing works, tap on the blue Contact Us button.
- Write a brief but detailed message that explains how you lost the account. Make sure to include:
- Your username, Clan name, and e-mail address of the account.
- XP Level of your account.
- Town Hall level of your account.
- You’ll get an in-game notification when they respond.
2. Get help online
- Open the Contact Us form in your browser.
- Select language.
- Select Lost Game Account under Select a category.
- Enter your in-game player tag or username.
- Enter the e-mail address tied to the account (Google or Apple).
- Explain the situation. Keep it short and free of grammatical errors, but informative.
- Click on Submit.
- Wait for their reply.
You can also recover a Clash Royale account following the same methods mentioned in this article. Because they are from the same company.