Eager to start playing Clash of Clans again, but through (no) fault of your own, the account is terminated? Or, even worse, someone else is playing on it, and you didn’t allow this to happen. Sounds like quite a pickle you got yourself into! Luckily, it is entirely possible to get it back, but you’ll need to be patient and act quickly. Keep in mind, there’s no 100% working method, it all depends on luck, circumstances, and how much information you have available. Let’s get into how to recover a Clash of Clans account.
Supercell, the game publisher behind Clash of Clans, doesn’t have an account registration feature. Since Clash of Clans is available on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store, those accounts are used to connect to the game. Also, you can only have one Village per account, but you are allowed to create as many accounts as you wish.
1. Retrieve account details using Google
If you registered an account using Google and forgot the password, developers at Clash of Clans cannot do anything about it. Instead, you’ll have to go through Google’s Account Recovery page. For reference, you can do these things:
- Follow our guide on how to recover a deleted Gmail account. Even if yours still exists, the steps to follow are identical.
- Take a look at our guide on restoring a Gmail account password without a phone number. Although, if you have access to a phone number, the process will be much easier.
- Contact Google’s Account Customer support through the Google Account Help form.
When you get your Google account back to working order, do this:
- Launch Clash of Clans on your device.
- Tap the Log In button.
- Tap on Play without Supercell ID.
- Use your Google account details to log in.
2. Get your account back via Apple ID
The Apple ID (Apple e-mail address) is tied to your Clash of Clans account if you play the game on an iOS device. Once again, Supercell is powerless. Instead, they recommend you do this:
Do the same in-game steps, only sign in using the Apple account instead.
3. Clash of Clans account recovery using Supercell ID
If you aren’t aware, Supercell ID is a two-step verification system used by the creators of Clash of Clans. It allows you to connect multiple accounts and get a separate ID for each of them. When someone tries to access the account, they’ll get a verification code on their phone or e-mail. If you have already enabled it, do this:
- Open Clash of Clans on your device.
- Tap on the Log In button.
- Tap on Log in with Supercell ID.
- You’ll receive a 6-digit verification code to the phone number or e-mail associated with the account.
- Enter it, and your Village will load.
Keep in mind, your Supercell ID is deleted when you do a factory reset on Android and iOS, and when you reinstall Clash of Clans on Android, but not on iOS. If you lost access to Google or Apple ID, follow the steps above. If you no longer use the phone number, the only option is to contact Clash of Clans Support.
4. My Clash of Clans account was banned
There are many reasons your account was terminated, and they’re all covered under Supercell’s Terms of Service. They’ve also created a Stay Safe and Play Fair list of guidelines for players. Read them thoroughly, and make sure to abide by them in the future. If none of the steps help, the only resolution is to create a new Google account/Apple ID and start a new Clash of Clans Village.
5. Last resort – Contact Clash of Clans Support
There are two ways to get in touch.
1. In-game help
- Start Clash of Clans on your device.
- In the bottom right corner, tap on Settings.
- Go to Help and Support.
- Tap on the Account section.
- Read tips that might help you.
- If nothing works, tap on the blue Contact us button.
- Write a brief but detailed message that explains how you lost the account. Make sure to include:
- Your username, Clan name, and e-mail address of the account.
- XP Level of your account.
- Town Hall level of your account.
- You’ll get an in-game notification when they respond.
2. Get help online
- Open the Contact Us form in your browser.
- Select language.
- Select Lost Game Account under Select a category.
- Enter your in-game player tag or username.
- Enter the e-mail address tied to the account (Google or Apple).
- Explain the situation. Keep it short and free of grammatical errors, but informative.
- Click on Submit.
- Wait for their reply.