GoDaddy is the world’s largest web hosting company that also provides domain name registration. Additionally, they supply website builders, web design services, eCommerce stores, e-mail marketing tools, and much more. You can even become an affiliate or become a reseller. But to do any of that, you need to sign in with your account credentials. The problem arises when you lose them, which locks your current funds and puts your livelihood at stake. That’s the primary reason to learn how to recover GoDaddy account. Lucky for you, we’re eager to help. Let’s begin.
1. Recover GoDaddy account if you forgot password
Recovering a GoDaddy account with a forgotten password works like this:
- Visit GoDaddy’s Password Reset page.
- Enter your account username or your Customer Number before clicking on Continue.
- Complete the reCAPTCHA security challenge and click on Submit.
- Sign in to your e-mail service and wait for an e-mail from GoDaddy.
- Click the link in the e-mail message to set up a new password.
2. Recovering GoDaddy account without username
Do your remember the GoDaddy account password and e-mail address? If so, follow these steps to recover an account for GoDaddy via e-mail address:
- Visit GoDaddy’s Username Retrieval page.
- Enter your account’s e-mail address and click on Continue.
- If prompted, pass the reCAPTCHA security check.
- Optional. Got a domain attached to your account? You must enter it into the Domain URL box before clicking on Filter. If you need help, use our GoDaddy domain name recovery guide.
- Enter a 1-time PIN GoDaddy sent to your e-mail address into the Verification Code box.
- After clicking on Continue, you’ll see your GoDaddy username and Customer Number.
3. Restoring a deleted GoDaddy email account
Email accounts for GoDaddy aren’t permanently deleted like regular ones. So, you can retrieve them within 30 days. Follow these instructions to restore an erased GoDaddy email account:
- Visit the GoDaddy Email & Office Dashboard page and log in with a regular account for GoDaddy.
- Click on the Add user icon on the starting page.
- Select an email domain name that was tied to your account, then click on Continue.
- Enter the same e-mail address as your regular account for GoDaddy. The first and last names do not have to be identical.
- Under Account type, re-subscribe to the same or higher payment plan that you previously had.
- Now select one or more of the following options:
- Administrator permissions. Restores account permissions. If your old account was an administrator, a new one will be too.
- Share contacts and files with (Optional). Only appears when you have multiple users or domains under a single account.
- Password. Create a new or use an old account password.
- Send account info to. Enter an e-mail address they’ll send account credentials to when restoration finishes.
- Click on Create, then, when prompted with Restore this account? select Yes, restore, then Ok.
- Wait up to 24 hours. If you selected option 4, you’ll get an e-mail notification when it’s ready.
4. Contact GoDaddy Customer Support
Oftentimes, even if you know the username, e-mail address, and customer number, but your IP address isn’t recognized, GoDaddy will forbid access. The access can also be blocked when you can no longer access the aforementioned information to confirm your identity. In both cases, you must keep your Personal ID (with a photo and signature) and Business ID (if your account is associated with a business) handy. Then, reach out to the GoDaddy Customer Care team like this:
- Send a text via webchat. Visit the Contact Us page on the GoDaddy website for your country and click on the Chat Now button.
- Send a text via WhatsApp. GoDaddy offers WhatsApp Customer Support in many countries.
- Call them. Their Customer Service team is available 24/7 globally at 040 67607600. Their Indian Contact page contains phone numbers for countries worldwide.
- Join forums (Optional). Visit the Community page on local GoDaddy websites that have it. It gathers fellow GoDaddy customers and Customer Care representatives in one place.