Taobao is a Chinese online shopping platform, owned by Alibaba. Being the eighth most visited website in 2021, Taobao has billions of product listings. If you are using Taobao, then you have to create your own account. So, every time you use Taobao, you must log in to your account with a username and a password. But what if you forget your username or password? How can you access your account? However, there are some other methods that will prevent you from accessing your account. If you are facing some trouble with logging in to your account, then you have reached the right location. We have listed a few scenarios that may cause trouble. Keep reading this article to find out your problem and the respective solution to it.
The steps mentioned in the article may vary from time to time. But will be almost similar. So, be sure to look for similar options as well.
Case 1 – You Lost Your Taobao Username
With the wide range of web applications that we use today, we need to remember a load of usernames and passwords. Often, we tend to lose our usernames in the process. It is pretty difficult to log in to your system when you have lost your username. But, don’t worry. Taobao provides a method that might help you regain access to your account. For this method to work, you must have linked your email address to Taobao previously. Also, you must still have access to that email. Here is how you do it –
- Go to the Taobao Username Recovery Page.
- Click on the box with Lost Username.
- Another small form appears below. Now, enter your email address in this field (The one that is registered with Taobao).
- Click on Send Username.
That’s it. Once you have entered the correct email address that is linked with your account, an email will be sent to you. Open this email from Taobao, and it will contain your username. You can now log in to your account whenever needed.
If you have lost your username and password, and you want to recover both of them, then first follow the above process and find your username. Once you get your username, you can proceed with finding your password.
Case 2 – You Forgot Your Taobao Password
Similar to the username, we often tend to forget our passwords too. In most cases, we store them in our device and eventually lose them due to some technical glitch. As it has been too long, we don’t remember them too. To cope up with the huge number of forgotten passwords, Taobao has provided a built-in measure to recover your password. There are a few methods to do this. We have listed them below. Keep reading to find the best method that suits you, and follow the instructions given below. This will help you recover your account easily.
Method 1 – Requesting For a New Password
In this method, you will be using the same process for requesting your username. Here is how you do it –
- Go to the Taobao Username and Password Recovery Page.
- Click on the box with Lost Password.
- Another small form appears below. Enter your Taobao username in the first text box.
- Now, enter your email address in the next field (The one that is registered with Taobao).
- Click on Send Password.
That’s it. Once you have entered the correct username and email address that is registered with your account, you will receive an email from Taobao. Open this email, and it will contain your new password. You can now access your Taobao account with this password (that you received in email).
If you don’t know your username, then you cannot recover your password by this method. Refer to Case 1 for recovering your username first. After you have got your username, you can proceed with recovering your password.
Method 2 – Accessing Your Taobao Account Through Your Alipay Account
In this method, we will be logging in to your Taobao account through your Alipay account. Are you logged in to your Alipay account on your mobile phone or any other device? If your answer is yes, then you can easily access your Taobao account through Alipay. Here are the steps that you need to follow –
- Open your Taobao application on your mobile device
- Click on My Account (the avatar icon in the bottom right corner).
- You will be taken to a login screen. From there, click on Login with Alipay (The option with Alipay icon at the bottom of the screen).
- Once your Alipay account is detected, Alipay will ask you to confirm your action. Click on Log In.
- After this, you will again be redirected to your Taobao account.
You are now logged in to your Taobao account, even though you are not aware of your password. You can do this every time you want to log in to Taobao. Or else, once you are inside Taobao, you can change your account password from there.
Method 3 – Receiving Recovery SMS From Taobao
If you are not logged in to your Alipay account, then this method may come to your help. You will receive an SMS from Taobao to verify yourself in this method. So, this method works only if you have previously linked your mobile number with Taobao. Also, you must have access to this mobile number. The procedure is explained below –
- Open the Taobao App in your mobile device.
- Go to the My Account section (Tap on the avatar icon in the bottom right corner).
- Click on Login with Account and Password.
- After this, click on the Forgot Password? option (located on the password text field).
- This will take you to a new page. Enter your Taobao username in the first field.
- In the next field, type in your country code and mobile number in the format of c-xxxxxxxxxx or cc-xxxxxxxx, where c denotes your country code and x denotes your mobile number. For example, if you are a US resident, the value you enter must be something like 1-0123456789.
- To verify that you are a human, slide the slider to your right.
- In a few seconds, you will receive an SMS from Taobao. This will contain your verification code.
- Note down the verification code and enter it in the text box. (on your Taobao app)
- Click on Next.
- You can now change your Taobao account password. Type in a new password.
- Now type the same password again to confirm it.
- Click on Next.
That’s it. You have now successfully changed your Taobao password. You will be taken to the main screen of the Taobao app, and you will be logged in to your account. If you want to log in from somewhere else, use the new password.