Have you recently uninstalled or deleted an app and changed your mind later? Well, it is quite common. We may often tend to delete or uninstall applications, and within no time, we want them back again. In most cases, you don’t even remember the exact name of the application! So, if you are stuck in such a situation, what should you do? Where will you find the list of all previously installed and uninstalled applications? Can you download them back again with all your previous data? Are you facing a similar problem? Are these questions going on in your head? Then this is the right place for you! We have listed a few methods to restore all your uninstalled apps. Keep reading to find the perfect solution that suits you the best –
Case 1 – Restore Uninstalled Apps on a Windows Computer
If you are using a Windows device, and want to restore all your uninstalled applications along with all your user data, there are two possible methods for you. Keep reading to find them out –
Method 1 – Using the System Restore Feature
Windows systems usually support a feature called that system restore, for recovery purposes. Your system keeps a track of your activities by creating several checkpoints. Using this, you can revert or go back to a particular point in time, called the system restore point. This means that you will transform your system to a previous state. All your data, applications, and progress will be exactly as it was at that point in time. In this method, we will be using this method to send back your system state to a previous point in time and get back all of your uninstalled applications along with your data. Here is how you do it –
- Click on the Start Menu and go to your System Settings (denoted by the gear or cog icon).
- In the Search bar, type in Recovery.
- Once you are inside the recovery window, go to Open System Restore.
- Click on Next.
- From the list of restore points that appear, select a restore point that was created before you uninstalled the program that you want to revoke (Check the date and time of the restore point), and click on Restore to proceed.
That’s it. You have now restored your system to a previous restore point. This means that you have literally time-traveled your system to a previous date. You will find your uninstalled program to be still present. Also, all of your data within the application is still intact.
Remember that moving your system back to a previous date means that you will lose all your data that is currently present after the restore point you selected. Make sure to collect all important data before you restore your system. IF you don’t find any recovery points, this may mean that your default setting to set restore points is disabled.
Method 2 – Using Third-Party Software to Restore Uninstalled Apps
As mentioned earlier, if you do not have any restore points, it may mean that you have previously disabled this feature. If you are facing problems with the above method, or if you don’t want to lose current data, then you can go for using third-party data recovery software. There are several software programs available in the market, and you can choose whatever you are comfortable with. We would recommend EaseUs Data Recovery Wizard. For more details, refer to our guide on EaseUs Data Recovery Wizard: Things You Want To Know and our EaseUs Data Recovery Wizard Review.
Case 2 – Restore Uninstalled Apps on an Android Device
If you have uninstalled an application on your Android device (mobile phone, tablet, or any other device), here is how you can recover them –
Method 1 – Through the Google Play Store
If you have previously installed the app through the Google Play Store, you can recover all your apps easily. However, if you have installed them through an unknown provider, then you cannot use this method to restore your uninstalled apps. Google keeps a record of all the applications that you have installed previously. In this method, we will be using this record to restore all your uninstalled apps. Here is where you can find them –
- Go to the official Google Play Store application on your android device.
- From the homepage, click on the hamburger menu (denoted by three parallel lines) in the top left corner of your screen.
- A list of menu options will be displayed. Click on My Apps & Games.
- It will take you to a new page. From the three tabs in there, go to the one labelled Library.
- You will find a list of all the applications that you have previously installed on this device. Re-install all the apps that you want again.
That’s it. You have now restored all your uninstalled or deleted apps on your android device. However, you must start new on these applications, and you will not get back your user data by this method. Also, you cannot use this method to get back applications that were installed through an unknown provider.
Apps in the Library of your Google Play Store are listed according to the date of installation. You will find the most recently installed applications first in the list, and older applications below.
Method 2 – Using Third-Party Tools to Restore Uninstalled Apps
If you face some trouble with the above method, or if you want to restore applications that you installed through an unknown provider, then you can seek the help of third-party data recovery tools. Also, you can get back all of your user data with this method! As mentioned earlier, there are several data recovery tools available in the market, and you need to choose the best. When you are handling data, you must choose the most trusted and effective tool in the market. One such tool is DroidKit – Android Data Recovery. It is specially designed to handle data recovery processes in Android devices. Here is how you can use it to recover installed applications –
- Download and install DroidKit – Android Data Recovery Tool on your computer.
- Connect your Android device to your computer.
- Now, launch DroidKit.
- Click on Recover Lost Data on the dashboard.
- From the list of options under it, Deep Recovery From Device.
- Once it opens up, all types of data are selected by default. You can leave it as such, or select only the ones you need. In this case, select APK Files.
- Now, click on Start.
- A list of all the files that can be recovered and falls under the chosen category is displayed now. From the list, select all the files that you want to recover. You can also preview them before you select them.
- Click on the button below to download all the selected files. If you want them in your Android device, click on To Device. If you want them on your computer, click on To PC.
That’s it! You have now restored all your deleted and uninstalled app data to your selected device! If you still can’t recover all your data, you can seek help from a professional data recovery service. They have a lot of data recovery experts who can help you recover all your data in no time!